HELLO NEW YEAR!
New habits & tips for a heathier and happier New Year!
- Eating healthier foods: You can improve your health by keeping a balanced diet. It is recommended to eat foods that contain vitamins and minerals. This includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy, and a source of protein.
- Getting daily exercise: You can do activities such as; walking instead of taking the elevator, joining a class or a team, listen to music or watch TV while you exercise to make it more fun!
- Relax and take time to enjoy life: Relaxation has health benefits, including: lowering your heart rate, blood pressure and breathing rate and reducing muscle tension and chronic pain. Taking time to yourself can allow you to have a clear mind, learn new things about yourself, and can relieve anxiety or stress.
- Have positive self-talk and be respectful toward yourself: All good things begin from within, and a positive outlook on ourselves is a key to attracting more positivity into our lives.
- Stay mindful and in each moment: Mindfulness can be described as the practice of paying attention in the present moment, and doing it intentionally and with non-judgment. Being mindful can reduce stress, improve focus, and improve working memory.
- Strive to be the person you want to be: View life as a journey full of adventures rather than a series of obstacles you have to overcome. Enjoy the ride that life is, rather than focusing on the bumps in the road.
- Drink more water: It is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water a day! Drinking water can help regulate body temperature, can help maintain blood pressure, and can help prevent kidney damage.
- Get adequate sleep each night: Most adults need 7 to 9 hours a night for the best amount of sleep. Sleep plays a vital role in good health and well-being throughout your life. During sleep, your body is working to support healthy brain function and maintain your physical health.